Collecting heat from the sun, water is heated within solar hot water panels, which are fitted to the roof of the house. When warm, the water is transferred to a hot water cylinder where it is then transferred to the necessary appliances.
Why install solar hot water panels?
• They can save you up to £350 per year on your utility bills
• They can provide up to 70% of your hot water annually (can be 100% in summer)
• Expected ROI in 8 years with the Renewable Heat Incentive
• CO2 emissions are reduced by at least 750kg per year
• Sunlight is free, so once the system is installed, your hot water costs will be reduced. Solar hot water is a green, renewable heating technology and doesn’t release any harmful carbon dioxide or other pollutants.
There has never been a better time to install solar hot water panels due to financial support from the Government’s Renewable Heat Incentive which has been made available as of the 9th of April 2014. It has been confirmed by the Department of Energy and Climate Change that an average three bedroom house with four occupants can expect to receive £2,345 over a seven year period. Read more information about the Government’s Renewable Heat Incentive here.
To find out more about the installation of solar hot water panels in Wetherby and to book your FREE no obligation survey, call Safegas, your local renewable experts today on 01937 588 181.